Friday, February 3, 2012

February 3, 2012

This little green bottle is filled with red berries from sacred lily (Rhodora japonica), a little bunch of green hellebore flowers(left), and one hardy cyclamen leaf (right). It's the beautiful cyclemen leaf I like best. They are particularly pretty at this time of year, but will have disappeared completely by... when?... summer for sure. The pink blooms appear in the fall, before the leaves emerge.



I was trying to remember exactly when hardy cyclemen bloomed and realized I could consult my own blog for the answer! Found this photo posted on Nov. 21. Here the cyclamen flowers are combined not with their own foliage (which comes up later), but with foliage from Pieris japonica. It's sort of strange that I used the same vase both times.

No comments:

Post a Comment