Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1, 2012-- celery leaves!

This is why I love windowsill arranging. It stirs up the most interesting things! I had put some pansies in this little sugar dish but thought them too dull, so I replaced them with a couple of daffodils and some winter aconite. Still needed some bright green foliage. Where oh where had I seen bright green foliage recently? On celery stalks! So the foliage here--such a bright, fresh green--is celery leaves. This arrangement now somehow seems connected to soup I made yesterday, because without it I wouldn't have had leftover celery stalks!


And about this vase: I bought it at River Time Antiques for $5 (reduced from $8), and it had this message on it. "Circa 1949-54, as is, hairline crack. Franciscan 'Tiempo sprout.'" Have no idea what that last part means, but the hairline crack seems to be no issue. I think it's above the water line.

No comments:

Post a Comment